- 26 July 2018 at 19h30
- New Lecture Theatre
Upper Campus, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch
UCT’s African Institute of Financial Markets and Risk Management (AIFMRM) and the Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching (CILT) launched a new UCT MOOC: Fintech in Emerging Markets. The Cape Town event commenced directly after the completion of the annual AIFMRM Careers in Financial Markets event for UCT students.
- 18h00 to 19h30 AIFMRM student event: Careers in Financial Markets
- 19h30 to 19h35 Welcome: Associate Professor Kanshukan Rajaratnam (Acting Dean: Faculty of Commerce, UCT)
- 19h35 to 20h10 Panel discussion: How communities turn blockchain ideas into action
- 20h10 to 20h15 UCT MOOC Launch: Laura Czerniewicz (Director: CILT, UCT)
- Refreshments will be served after the event.
- Monica Singer (Creator of opportunities, Consensys)
- Carla van Jaarsveld (Operations Manager, Linum Labs)
- Marius Reitz (Country Manager SA, Luno)
- Dr Sumarie Roodt (Chairperson, Silicon Cape Initiative and Department of Information Systems, UCT)
- Associate Professor Co-Pierre Georg (AIFMRM, UCT)